WHY CHOOSE HARTWELL
In a world of tough decisions, the choice to join Hartwell Engineering’s team (a division of McCrone) is an easy one. We have a unique and diverse team of professionals who position themselves to meet client needs by taking advantage of the latest trends and technological advances in electrical, civil, and public works engineering. We work on a variety of projects for both the public and private sectors. No boredom here!
Our employees are passionate about their work, because they know that every effort on a project is the foundation for creating and improving the communities in which they live. We are proactive, innovative, self-starters who meet each challenge with an “I can” attitude. We work hard and play pretty hard, too. We look forward to getting to know you and adding your talents to our team.
Hartwell Engineering, a division of McCrone, Inc., is a professional engineering firm that specializes in electrical, instrumentation design and construction management. We are seeking a motivated Senior Electrical Engineer who has design, project management, and construction experience to join our team in our Annapolis headquarters.
This individual will be assigned as a lead engineer in the Hartwell electrical group and work closely with our clients and other process engineers. We are looking for long term applicants who are responsible and knowledgeable of electrical design and construction.
The candidate will be responsible for the management of the electrical staff, quality control, project management, and review of design and construction documents. Additionally, the candidate will assist with the process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and instrumentation & control implementation.
Responsibilities of this position during the design and construction phases of projects include:
- Power Distribution, Motor Control, PLC Control System, Control Panels, Lighting, Facility Conduit and Wiring Design
- Schematic and Logic Development
- Extensive Knowledge and Implementation of the National Electric Code
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Facility Construction Document and Shop Drawing Review
- Facility Testing and Startup
As a successful candidate you should have:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Industrial Electrical Design, preferably in water and wastewater application
- Professional Engineer license in Maryland or ability to obtain
- Project Management experience
- Quality focus with attention to detail
Hartwell Engineering offers:
Competitive salary, health and insurance benefits, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Please submit resume and cover letter, with references.
Job Type: Full-time